Pacific Region Call for Expression of Interest for Loans and Guarantees (Bridge and Build Fund)
https://www.uncdf.org/article/8062/call-for-expression-of-interest-for-loans-and-guarantee-in-the-pacificThank you for your interest in this call for Expression of Interest.
The United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) is the UN’s impact investment agency. Unique in the UN system, UNCDF can deploy a spectrum of financing solutions (grants, loans, and guarantees) and technical assistance to businesses that have a positive impact on achieving Sustainable Development Goals.
UNCDF is inviting expressions of interest from organizations that are seeking loan or guarantee funding to finance their working capital or expansion goals in the Pacific Region. UNCDF will use the information from the Expression of Interest to create deal flow for direct financing through its two Funds, the Bridge and Build Fund. UNCDF will especially look for opportunities where UNCDF’s financing can help the business unlock financing from banks and investors.
Additionally, the Call for EOI will help UNCDF and UNDP to:
- Landscape the current financing need for SDG-positive businesses that have development impact in the areas listed below.
- Understand where the UN and business development organizations can assist sustainable businesses in the Pacific to access capital. Support in this area can include investment readiness support through grant financing and technical assistance, liaising with the Government, and exposure to investors.
Organizations that submit an expression of interest must have a revenue-generating business model, and the business model must also have environmental and/or social impact in one of the areas listed below:
- Food Security and Nutrition
- Energy Access
- Financial Inclusion
- Inclusive Digital Economy
- Biodiversity Conservation
- Climate Disaster Risk Financing and Insurance
Please download and read carefully the Call for Expression of Interest Background Document below before submitting your application. All applications must be submitted online through this Platform. Click the 'Apply' button on the right-hand corner of this page.
There are several ways to get your questions answered by the UNCDF team.
- Email: Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): Come back to this page for a regular update until the application deadline.
- EOI Background Document
- EOI Application Form PDF (For reference only. All applications must be submitted online via this application platform)
- FAQ (to be uploaded soon)